Tuesday 31 January 2012

First Leg of My East Coast Adventure - Sunny Noosa






After finishing the final exam for my Tourism Degree and desperate for a well earned break, I packed up my things and boarded the Oz Experience bus for Cairns. 

As the weather had been miserable the last few days in Brisbane, I was definitely hoping that the rain wasn't a sign of things to come for the rest of my trip. To my surprise, the moment we pulled into Noosa, the sun came out and there was nothing but clear skies. I definitely used this opportunity to make my Brisbane friends very jealous.

 As always, I wasn't very organised and hadn't yet booked my accommodation or any tours. The Oz Experience tour guide must have heard my plea for help because he suggested some accommodation, tours and then booked them in for me.




While in Noosa, I stayed at Halse Lodge, which is a beautiful old Queenslander that has been converted into a backpackers lodge. Considering it is a budget hostel, I was very impressed with the lodges beauty, it's facilities, location (right near Hastings street), it's relaxed vibe and most importantly it's free glass of wine at the welcome meeting.




On my second day in Noosa, I joined an Everglades Tour with the Discovery Group. 








The Everglades Tour showed us around the Noosa River and then out to the Everglades where we had a quick bush walk and break. We then boarded the boat and continued down the Everglades onto Harry's Hut, an old loggers cabin where we had a delicious lunch that was cooked by our guide. After all, there is nothing better then a lunch that you don't have to prepare or help out with.








The tour was very relaxing and with only a small group, it meant that we could go at our own pace and see things that we were actually interested in seeing. The only negative about the whole day was the lack of sunscreen that I had used. I came back to the hostel at 5pm with a very burnt and sore back. Ouch!!

For the rest of my time in Noosa, I definitely didn't make the same rookie mistake. Suncreen is my friend!




No comments:

Post a Comment